Thursday, November 10, 2016

These days ........

These days I’m spending most time at home looking after my sweet baby who’s growing up fast  and attracting almost all my attention and care.
 As  I have been working almost all my adult life , now is the first time that I spend so much time at home (I’m on maternity leave)  , without the worries of setting and achieving goals at work, keeping  deadlines, dealing with lots of people  and demands , but also feeling  the  self fulfillment  that comes with realizing your goals and tasting the ‘fruit of your labours’.
 I love my job and I always try to set new challenges for me and my students each year to  make lessons more fruitful and attractive .
  But  of course, I also greatly enjoy this luxury of time spent at home , without having to rush to get to work in time and  preparing for the next day.
Still, as I am a person who loves and appreciates creativity and loves changes, I  try to find some time to be creative  and productive at home !
To be honest , these days I’m mostly thinking about  things I can make for the baby’s room and christening and I have so many ideas that it is rather hard to make up my mind .
 I’m on a brainstorming phase now , collecting ideas and information and I hope to finally decide what I will make and start working on it !
The photos I’m sharing with you today give you some idea of my life these days .

We carved a pumpkin on Halloween for the first time this year . 
 We don’t celebrate Halloween in Greece but  as we live in a global village we are starting to borrow some elements from this Celtic tradition. I also made a spicy pumpkin soup which was very much to my taste!


You know I love little vignettes around my home.


 This one is inspired by woods in autumn and winter and  forest creatures !!


  I love it so much I think I’ll keep it for Christmas and I will add some holy and ivy  and some ‘snow’.

Look at my little collection of tiny houses. I love them and  I can’t resist buying one when I find them. Aren’t they cute? 


 I want to use some of them to make something for the baby’s room but I’m not sure yet, what this something will be ……


We went on a day trip to the mountain the other day . 
 The colours of the leaves were spectacular , the blue sky and the light were so bright that it felt like spring!

 I love little escapes to Nature, to little picturesque villages with pretty little shops selling  local produce ,


and handmade items and places where you can enjoy a cup of cappuccino and a sweet, breathe in the mountain air and feel relaxed and happy.

That’s all for now dear readers , I hope you are all well and have a good time at home and at work !
My love,

Tina xJ

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    Little babies grow so fast and I still fondly remember the times when mine were little. Enjoy your maternity leave to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maya,
      Although he is very little I can see the changes in him every day and I'm amazed at how fast he has grown!
      Thank you for the comment.
      Tina :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! Babies grow very fast so take care of every minute...
    Have a great weekend!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Titti,
      I'm so glad to meet new friends through my blog.
      Have a nice weekend , too!
      Tina :)

      Delete
  3. Τι υπέροχη δημοσιευση, γεματη, γεματη απ'ολα. Ειναι μια υπέροχη περίοδος της ζωης σου Τίνα, να χαίρεσαι το μωρό σου και να απολάυσεις καθε στιγμη μαζί του.Ευχαριστούμε για τον ενθουσιασμο που μοιράζεσαι μαζί μας, είναι κολλητικό και απίστευτα αναγκαιο.
    Να περνας υπεροχα.
    Ολυμπια

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ευχαριστώ για τα τόσο ωραία σχόλια, Ολυμπία.
      Κάποιες φορές , λόγω κούρασης ξεχνάω πόσο όμορφη και ξεχωριστή είναι αυτή η περίοδος που είσαι μαζί με το μωράκι που μεγαλώνει και συνδέεται μαζί σου κι εσύ με αυτό.
      Χαίρομαι που το μικρό μου blog μεταφέρει μηνύματα και αίσθηση ενθουσιασμού . Είναι πολύ καλό να το ακούω και σ'ευχαριστώ που μου το γράφεις.
      Καλό Σαββατοκύριακo
      Τίνα :)

      Delete