Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oh Christmas Trees!!!

Four more days to go for Christmas and I’m really looking forward to an early morning Christmas service at a small stone village church, the singing of carols, the warmth of the glowing candles and this feeling of serenity and happiness that the Day brings to my soul. It is the time to cease and count our blessings and be grateful for what is offered to us and the people we love.
Last weekend, was Christmas tree decoration time in my little world.
My tree is an artificial one. I used to buy real ones for some time in the past, but though they are beautiful and make the house smell of forest air, they have certain disadvantages . 

The decoration of the tree always takes a lot of time and effort, but it is always a joy I enjoy sharing with my family. We put on Christmas music and we open the boxes  where I keep the ornaments. 
The whole place becomes a colourful, messy, sparkling heaven where pairs of hands little and small, search through piles of ornaments for their favourite ones to hang first, from the tree.
The whole process takes a long, long time and some arguments about what looks best where, but the outcome is quite satisfying, especially when we turn on the fairy lights and the whole tree shines and gleams.
I like white, silver, golden baubles, flowers and feathers and very few wooden, tiny painted toys.
 My sister   loves   real trees and always opts for the cutest, small, colourful toys and red ribbons. Here is her tree, which I helped her decorate last Sunday.


If you have a little girl, a pink or fuchsia tree might be a good choice.
Do you like this one?




A happy snowman, a robin and a crochet star make it very stylish and cute. What do you think?

Anyway, no matter how big or small your tree is, or even if you choose not to decorate a tree at all, what matters is what is in your heart and soul .Don’t forget life is what we make it. So Merry Christmas to all of you, no matter where you are in the world and may your heart be filled with the warmth of Christmas.
If you wish to dream a little bit, look at the scenes of this   little village that travels you to the land of fairy tales, winter beauty and festive mood.  I love this sort of decoration and I catch myself day dream, every time I look at the little houses, the shop windows and the tiny sledges. I wish I was there!!




And I will leave you here dear readers, with some pictures of the central square in my city, Athens. We are a maritime people and as such we used to decorate little boats at Christmas and as you can see, we still do. I liked the boat a lot and especially when the colourful water from the fountain appeared in front of it. That was from last night.


 A very festive Athens, with people walking in the central streets, doing their shopping for the days ahead, taking pictures with ‘real’ Santa Clauses and ‘reindeer’. A happy  crowd in a ‘warm’ winter night.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Warm wishes to you all!!!
Till next time,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is really lovely. Like you I now have an artificial tree which sadly I seem to have to decorate myself now my grandchildren are not so keen to help. I always seem to have a problem. This year it was the lights! I bought new ones last year but when I unpacked them couldn't fine the power pack. Tragedy! After a couple of hours I found it in another box of "stuff". I really should throw some old ones out but I haven't the heart.

    I love the wreath you made. What a brilliant decoration. Hope you had a lovely Christmas & have a great year in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment . The decoration of the tree is one of the things I love doing at Christmas but it is always good to have some help because it is a lot of work and especially putting on the lights.
      I'm glad you liked my wreath.I really love wreaths.
      I wish you a most wonderful and creative New Year!!
      Tina

      Delete