Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Mask!!!

Since it’s Carnival time,  I decided to introduce to you , dear readers, a new friend , a mysterious lady I have just created!
Her life is unknown even to me, but I have made a few guesses about who she would be  if she came to life just for a Carnival night in Venice!
But first let’s make the introductions!
Here she is, all white and – a bit terrifying I would say – staring at us through her vacant eyes…….. .
Well, she needs a lot of work to show us her real self, I’m afraid.
But I think, I can do my magic on her and with some decoupage, silver and black paint, she will be ready to dance and have the best of times in the narrow streets and the canals of bella Venezia!!!
Here she is!! With a delicately ornate headband, painted cheeks, with butterflies and lace and a dreamy look.


But I think something is missing. Oh , yes! She needs some lipstick on .
Black and silver and some silver additions on her intricately ornate head cover and she is ready for the first dance in a palazzo in Canal Grande!

Does she have a name? I don’t know.

 You can name her what you think suits her best . To me, she  is  a lady who just wants to spend the best night of her life in a swirl of confetti and streamers!!!
Enjoy the Season dear readers , have fun whatever you do.
My love to all of you wherever you are in this vast world!!!
Tina xxx 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures.
    Have a nice week,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Penny!
      Have a good , creative week , too.
      Tina xxx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful creation. She certainly is mysterious. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Winifred for your kind comment.
      I'm thinking of making another mysterious lady to keep her company!
      Tina xxx

      Delete
  3. Hello Tina! Thank you for your kind words responding to my blog post. I now have the pleasure of meeting you! The lady mask is beautifully decorated and full of intrigue. Will you be the lady behind the mask or is she only for decoration? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid the mask is only for decoration, although I'm really dreaming of wearing it in Venice one day, or night!!!
    Nice meeting you, too.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was 20 years old, I participated to the Venice Carnival wearing a beautiful mask like yours... It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Wishing you the same...
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, Olympia. I have been to Venice twice but never during the Carnival season!!
      May be one day!!
      Have a good weekend,
      Tina xx

      Delete
  6. The mask is beautiful Tina, I'd love to go to the Venice Carnival too, it will have to wait though as we are restricted to school hols. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you to make this dream come true!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete