Sunday, May 17, 2020

Two mirrors and a lamp πŸ’Ÿ

Hello!!!
Today's post is about giving new life to old and neglected items that we have at home and just don't bother about them because we take their looks for granted,  though they may not appeal to our aesthetic values!

OK, in my case it was a mirror that I have had for ages and another one which was given two me many moons ago and it was left hanging on a balcony wall gathering dust and fighting with the elements❄🌞☔
I had been thinking about doing something with them but some how  this never happened.  But suddenly , this chaotic and  terrifying in many ways spring, I felt this urge for  changing certain things that disturbed my senses and  I started with these two!
They were both painted with chalk paint and well,I am very happy with how they turned out. I like their contemporary stylish look and with the right decorative touches they look great.What do you think?



                   That was the before!
                    And this is the after!😍








At a time things were not that good  for me, I started crocheting some tiny flowers with leftover yarn . I wanted to do something to keep my fingers busy and I crocheted so many of them that I felt it would have been a pity not to use them in a way and suddenly,  I had a eureka moment!. Wow!!!
I used them to embellish a lampshade I  had recently bought but which I found very plain for my taste. My lamp looks so feminine and sweet and I love love love this transformation.
So finally , I have now three new items I like very much and I have spent almost nothing for them! Fantastic!!!






One last thing I have recently made is  this
'happy camper'canvas . I used left over fabric and glued all tiny parts on canvas . I wish it was real. I could choose a perfect destination for us to travel to!



So that's all for now on the crafting front.
Take care till next time I open my little pink window to you all! Love , Tina πŸ’ŸπŸ’•πŸ’–

P.S. I  realised that all the colours of my makes and  in my house are so similar to colours I see around me in nature these days! So I have  made these collages  of  things at home and flowers in the fIelds and my pots . xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment