Saturday, March 13, 2021

Coffee time any time!☕

Hello every body !!
I was taking some pictures this morning for my instagram account and I realized that most of my photo shoots involve some kind of coffee drinking. 
                             
  
                                     
                             
I love the ritual of  taking time sipping  aromatic coffee from a pretty mug or cup and nibbling something sweet.                                                       
It's one of life's little pleasures that I adore. 
I mostly like breakfast coffee but I equally have a soft spot for an early afternoon one, which I accompany with one of my favourite biscuits. I like coffee really warm  but I can take my mug around the house and enjoy sipping from it even when coffee is cold. I drink hot coffee and tea in the summer  , though when the weather is really warm , a freddo cappuccino  is my 'cup of tea'!!                                                                                                                          
                                    
Some weeks ago, we had a snow storm in Greece, something really unusual for us. When the sun came out and snow stopped falling , I took my  coffeee tray outside and spend some moments admiring the white , crystal beauty. Coffee was hot and very soon ......frozen .

                       On Valentine's day , coffee was accompanied by a cake  with chocolate and straberries plus some pink roses  .              

  
An afternoon coffee tastes better with  a  sweet treat made from oat flakes, banana, raisins  and nuts. 

Freddo cappuccino in below  zero temperatures:)



Coffee  time in the warmth of my cozy  living room  in the glow of candles

                                      and the crackling fire during a 30- hours- long power cut!
                                                                                
                                    
             Oh!  Christmas coffee  bar arrangements have to be special ,for Christmas is only once a year :)
                                

Halloween coffee never comes without a pumkin ,,,or two !


Reading books and coffee drinking go hand- in- hand especially on cold afternoons. 

Coffee in my little kitchen . Time for relaxation and introspection. Light a candle and day dream!
Coffee when spring approaches . The hope of longer and brighter days make it sweeter. 


A burst of colour makes my heart burst with  happiness.
Everything is OK  , 


                 Tea is also soooo good when night falls and you leave your day worries behind you . 
                                                        
                                      
                                      
Just before Easter , even in lockdown mode, cake and coffee help you move forward :) with a smile and a certainty that this will pass, too. 
                                 
Summer time coffee is pure bliss. I can read a book, draw with my little boy, paint,  do my crafts , crochet,  do some decoupage , collect seashells and pebbles , decorate , chat with friends , relax on the beach , 
or just gaze at the green open space , the olive trees , the tall grass , smell the sea breeze and feel reborn. .

 Wow , I didn't know I had so much to say about coffee drinking, given also the fact that I started drinking in my late thirties. Ourself really amazes us sometimes. 

Well, that's it for today. I hope to be back soon with more thoughts , crafts , colour, ideas and love !!
Tina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx






































2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina
    That was a lovely post such beautiful photographs!
    I'm a coffee drinker. I've always hated tea but I wish I liked it as everyone says it's a refreshing drink. Have to say that's not an adjective I'd use for coffee. I only have two cups now I'm getting on a bit, but for me it's always a cappuccino or latte and it's got to be hot! I can't drink it once it starts to cool.
    I remember one hot day someone persuaded me to have an iced coffee and I could have been sick!
    It's odd that I really don't like coffee flavoured stuff like of any kind. It's the one chocolate I hate.
    Is that spiced apple infusion tasty? Most of the ones I try are a bit soapy but I'm enjoying lemon and ginger tea although I don't class it as tea.
    Your china cups are lovely. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. It's always so good to hear from people that read my blog. The spiced apple tea is really good, especially for winter / Christmas time as it is quite spicy. I personally prefer tea without any added flavour and rather dislike fruity teas. Any way ,coffee is the best choice for me but I try not to overdo it during the day. I drink two cups , though I would like to drink more but then it affects my sleep. My best to you, Tina💕

      Delete