Thursday, September 21, 2023

Centrepieces for Autumn with things you have at homeπŸ„πŸ‚πŸ

Hello everyone  and Happy Autumn!!! πŸ’“




I'm back today with  some  ideas for easy to  make centrepieces for this season , using what you have at home. You can use them on your dining room table,  coffe table or anywhere else you like. 

So let's get started!!

I'm sure we all have  baskets , trays , plates  made of wood or other natural material , which we can use for our centrepieces. You can  place in a variety of  items related to autumn . I have used  pumpkins in different materials and sizes , pomegranates (real ones), some faux leaves , faux flowers and a tiny tree  , a butterfly and a miniature  owl and of course a candle in  autumnal colours . It is a  good  idea to use 'little creatures' of the forest and  the farm  to bring more life to your composition.  You can use tortoises, birds, owls, butterflies , dragon flies etc. 

In the picture below, I've used a wooden plate I bought from IKEA some years ago.  I added  fabric pumpkins that I've made myself,  a mushroom made of felt, an aromatic candle, a pomegranate and  a rosary I made using wooden beads. There is an abundance of tutorials  in You Tube  which show you how to make fabric pumpkins  in really easy  ways . That's how I learnt how to make mine and I can tell you it is not only easy but the result is very satisfactory , as well. 


In the next picture, you can see a wooden wheel barrow,  I've had  mine for many years and I use it  for my decorations  all year round. 
I have used the same items as above, but in different combinations .Some potpourri on the tablecloth , tiny, white pumpkins I made with clay that dries in the air , red velvet pumpkins and  pomegranates from a tree in my neighbourhood!! I lit my candle and voila!!!


Next idea,
Use a bird cage and again decorate it with tiny items like pumpkins , wooden mushrooms and potpourri. I think it's quite cute!! But  what do you think??

Another idea -especially if the space available is limited -  is to use a  small tray with a candle in the middle and just two or three more items, like pumpkins, pomegranates , mushrooms etc. Light candles in pretty lanterns and you have a lovely , cosy and chic centrepiece !!!

Real flowers in a vase in the middle of your table are also an excellent choice. My favourite ones are sunflowers because of their fantastic and very autumnal colour. You can also buy a pot of cyclamens, as well. They are very pretty and as they grow during this season, very appropriate for your Fall decor. 
I hope you liked my ideas. I really, really enjoyed creating them for you and taking the pictures. 
I will leave you for now with  some photos from the beach which I took some days ago. It was still warm, but there was a chill in the breeze which made it clear that the season has changed and made us seek 'refuge' inside a beach cafe  to enjoy our cappucinnos  and  unlimited views to the wavy sea!


Good bye for now, have fun and good health and find time to make and do things that you love!!!!!

Tina xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment