Thursday, January 22, 2015

A flowery wreath and a 'happy' scarf

Hello dear readers,
I hope you are all well and ready to enjoy the weekend that lies ahead.
For us, here in Greece, this is a crucial weekend, as on Sunday we are voting for a new government and these elections are really of vital importance for our country.
Anyway, politics are important in our lives but so are also creativity, optimism and positive thinking. Talking of which, I thought of sharing with you a tiny but cute ‘creation’ that gives a touch of ‘optimism’ and ‘happiness’ in my home décor.
A tiny crochet wreath that can be used in various ways to add some light to your living room, kitchen , bedroom or  desk at the office. It is very small, discreet and bright and it reminds me of sunny spring daysJ.
Remember the pink crochet flowers I showed you in my previous post? I crocheted some more in a deep pink-fuchsia colour and I used some PVA glue to stick them on a pipe cleaner. I got the idea for the wreath from the always very inspiring Attic24 and adapted it to my style and needs.

Then, I added some pearly beads at the center of each flower.   So here we are: a wreath that can be used to decorate a candle holder, like this cute, green frog or a small glass you can use for a tea light. 

 I think this is quite pretty and you can make more than one ,in different colours to use with tea lights and candle holders in matching shapes and styles.
 I used the remaining crochet flowers to embellish a scarf I crocheted to match the pink wrist warmers I made and shared with you last time. 




I’m glad with the final outcome . I used yellow, pink, fuchsia and mauve acrylic yarn for the scarf. It is soft and bright and it can be worn all day by a pretty,little lady.  
This is for now dear readers .
I wish you all, a happy evening with nice company and ‘warm thoughts’.
Till next time,

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Lovely craft and happy colors! So glad to meet you Tina...
    Happy weekend
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a comment, Olympia.
    I wish you too a lovely weekend.
    We will keep in touch!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet wreath is so pretty all in pink and with the pearl beads! Love the colours of your gorgeous scarf too. Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Helen.I'm always glad to get a comment from you.
    Happy weekend to you , too.
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice ideas.
    Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linen gifts Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete