Sunday, April 24, 2016

A napkin case and an egg stand for spring!

Hello, hello dear readers!!!!
I have been absent from blogland for some days now  and I can really say I missed it!!!. Although I have been very busy at home and at work, I found some time to do a few little crafts to show you today.
But  before  talking about crafts let me show you some pictures from my little world these days .
 Oh , I’ m very proud of my little strawberry plant which managed to grow an amazing - for its size- fruit!
Look at it ,isn’t it beautiful? So red and juicy!!!

I adore creating little scenes with  toys and other creatures , in the garden or at home . The little girl in my heart  gets immense pleasure by looking at them and  dreaming  of fairy tale lands JJJ!!!




Easter is next Sunday for us and so I  made an egg stand for my red eggs.


 I  painted  a little wooden hen in a bright  yellow colour and added  a few flowery details,  using decoupage glue.
  I added a red ceramic egg, and voilά!! It is quite cute , isn’t it?



 I had two more little hens and I opted for a white colour for them . I ornated  their tiny necks with ribbons and put them on my kitchen shelf. I love their simplicity!!
Finally , I  decorated a napkin case to use on my Easter table.
 Step 1: I painted the wooden case lemon green .
Step 2: Then, I rubbed   the whole surface with a white candle.
 Step 3: I painted the case again, using a turquoise blue .


 Step 4: I used sandpaper to gently rub the whole surface thus revealing the lemon-yellow colour underneath.
             This way you make your object look old and give it a vintage style!
Step 5: I decorated it inside and on its sides using a favourite paper napkin with spring flowers and a decoupage glue.
Step 6: I  varnished the case using a special matte varnish for decoupage.
Tadah!!!!


 I love, love , love it!!!
It is is to make and very impressive .



 I hope you liked my little ideas and I wish you a lovely Sunday .
Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate this week!!

My love  to all.

Tina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous tray. Love the little bird box too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Winifred .
      I'm always glad to read your comments.
      Tina

      Delete
  2. The most beautiful handmade napkin case ever!Your crafts look fantastic Tina!Well done to you!
    Happy Easter my friend!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter Olympia!I wish you and your family the very best.
      Tina xxx

      Delete