Thursday, December 1, 2016

December !

Happy New month!!!!!
December is here and the final countdown to Christmas has started!
Put on your festive ‘hats’ and feel merry cause Christmas comes but once a year!!!
 Today for me was one of those days when you wake up and feel so creative and ready for work that you can ‘build a house’ with your two hands!!! J. Mmmm that feels so good….
Many moons ago, I bought  a roll of wallpaper at a bargain price which was love at first sight  for me.  It  has some of my favourite colours and it suits my bedroom. I had intended to cover an old piece of furniture with it , but plans changed and it was left collecting dust .
But today was its day!
Look at this wooden, tiny chest of drawers . I bought it last year , just because  …….

 I  had thought of using some decoupage on it, but then I changed my mind and  just painted it white and put it on my white desk in my ‘studio’ .

 Now , with all the changes that are taking place at home to accommodate the needs of my little one (e.g. baby’s room, baby’s tiny furniture , clothes, toys and so many more) I moved the   little chest of drawers into my bedroom and on my bedside table. This morning then, it occurred to me that it would look very pretty if I covered it with the ‘forgotten’ wallpaper and so I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.
I measured the surfaces I wanted to cover and I cut out the pieces. Then, I used a  wall paper glue and this is the result!

  I must admit I’m thrilled with the outcome and it looks great in my bedroom.
I was so happy and so determined to continue using  glue and wall paper that I also covered a very old wooden  file box  that I disliked. See !

     I’m super excited with both and can’t wait to show them off!!!

        Well that’s for now. I wish you all a very merry , sparkling December!!

                          Love to all,
                          Tina xxx



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina! Your makeover is fantastic - personally I need lots of such chests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,good luck with your new enterprise.Tina

      Delete
  2. That is a great idea Tina and they make a lovely splash of colour. Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thànk you my friend.l'm glad you liked my little remake
      Tina

      Delete