Saturday, June 8, 2019

Crochet 'eyes'

Hello again!!! I’m so very happy to be back with yet another easy craft  to share with you.
It’s summer already and so very warm today in Greece, it makes you long for  swimming in crystal, turquoise - blue  waters and lying on the golden sand, leaving the winter cobwebs behind……
Today’s idea and craft has the colours of summer .

                                                      Look, can you guess what it is?
                            
 Of course , it’s a crochet ‘eye’ to keep evil looks at bay and ‘protect’ us against them ( hi, hi hi),
 with its lovely hand made tassels and warm summery colours.....


     ‘Evil eyes’ are one of the trends this summer and you see them everywhere: on bags , T-shirts, cushions even hats for the beach . I like them for some reason . I guess it’s the colour combination (blue, light blue, white, black) , their shape and their  ‘lucky - charm - properties’ that make them so appealing.


 For this ‘evil eye’ I followed the instructions in Greek, by the talented
KIKICROCHET but I suppose you can find lots of similar tutorials in English and slightly different shapes , if you like. This pattern was for a small bag, but I had the idea to appliqué it on a cushion. You can also use the same pattern to make a smaller ‘eye’ with less rows of beige colour, to appliqué  it on a T-shirt  , a bag even a straw hat for the beach.  

And because one cushion is never enough , you can see I didn’t resist the temptation to make another one . Two ‘eyes’ are now watching me and hopefully protect me against negative vibes!!!! :) J

I wish you all a happy, creative, bright , warm ,sunny summer with your loved ones and lots of crafty , happy moments.

                                                                         Take care.


                                                                           Tina xxx














No comments:

Post a Comment