Saturday, December 29, 2018

Happy 2019!!!

Hello and season’s greetings to all of you !!!
I haven’t posted anything for ages , although I really wished I had the time to do so.
Anyway, today I will share with you some - a few actually – pictures of my days during the festive season .







You know I love decorating and Christmas  is the best  time of the year to go a bit over the top!!



These are my handmade cards !!! I love them.

I also like to bake my gingerbread men and stars  and I really make a whole army of them . I like to give them away as presents  to friends and family, along with something else. Adults seem to appreciate them , though most  children don’t   like their spicy taste. I love them and eat  more than I should,  during the holidays.


After schools closed , we spent some days in our little country house. Although our stay there was rather short, I took out this little tree and put on fairy lights and lots of red and white ornaments. 

The pictures that follow are from a day trip to an island in a lagoon which I visited for the first time. I was impressed by the abundance of birds on the water.



Coming back home , we are getting ready for welcoming the New Year , buying some presents for the family and wrapping them up before we place them under the tree. In Greece the tradition has it that Santa Claus (Agios Vassilis) comes on New Year’s Day. So, most families exchange their presents on that day and not on Christmas Day.

2019 already , then . Time seems to fly . I’m glad that among all the things that I do, I find the time to keep this little blog alive. It means a lot to me . It is a photo  album and a diary and  I am that kind of person who loves and writes  diaries.

I hope to have lots of   lovely things to share with you next year and to be  as creative and enthusiastic about  new horizons and projects , as possible.  My best wishes to all. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
                                                                         Tina xxxxxxxxxxx





6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and decorative ideas Tina ! You are always sharing pretty items from your home and tips for easy makes.Have a most wonderful year full of creativity and good health. Love , Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend! It's always very inspiring to read your comments.Happy new year!

      Delete
  2. I love your decorations. You are so creative and the gingerbread bisuits look gorgeous. Thnaks for sharing your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Winifred for your kind words! Have a lovely new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I found your blog this weekend through Helen Philipps' blog and popped over when the name, Cream Linen, caught my attention. Your Christmas decorations are cheery with all the reds and creative pieces. The snowman in boots on the stairs is so cute. I like the look of the round basket tray and the white tray to hold a few items. Finally, the "dresser" in the country house (love it)! Thanks for sharing, and happy new year! Alexine, Maryland U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexine for leaving such a kind comment. It's always nice to read that people like what you create and share with them. Happy New Year to you and all the best. Tina

      Delete